Sunday, December 9, 2007

IRON MAIDEN


Hello! I'm Adrián and this is not the first time that I post something in the blog but, anyway, I'm going to introduce myself:

I'm 13 years old and I study at Laguna de Joatzel HS in the bilingual program. My favourite hobby is music, I play the piano but I prefer listening to Heavy Metal bands. My favourite band is IRON MAIDEN.

They are an english heavy metal band. They were formed in 1975 and they have sold 100 million albums all over the world. These are some of their albums:

-Iron Maiden (1980)
-Killers (1981)
-The Number of the Beast (1982)
-Piece of Mind (1983)
-Powerslave (1984)
-Somewhere in Time (1986)
-Seventh Son of a Seventh Son (1988)
-No Prayer for the Dying (1990)
-Fear of the Dark (1992)
-The X Factor (1995)
-Virtual XI (1998)
-Brave New World (2000)
-Dance of Death (2003)
-A Matter of Life and Death (2006)

From 1975 there have been many changes in the band and some guitarists had to leave...
Nowadays these are the members of the band:

-Bruce Dickinson - lead vocals, rhythm guitar.
-Dave Murray - guitar.
-Adrian Smith - guitar, backing vocals, lead vocals.
-Janick Gers - guitar, backing vocals.
-Steve Harris - bass, keyboards, backing vocals.
-Nicko McBrain - drums, percussion, lead vocals.
-Michael Kenney - keyboards.


Now I'm going to show you two videos of their greatest hits The Number of the Beast and Fear of the Dark so that you can see the difference between the first one which is from 1982 and the second one which is from 1992

.

4 comments:

Yoli said...

Hi Adri!
I'm sorry but I think I prefer other kinds of music such as pop music. But heavy metal is also good. ;-)
See you tomorrow!
Yoli

Jordan Yeager said...

After tutoring, I listened to Iron Maiden on my iPod while I was on the Cercanias train :) My favorite part of "Number of the Beast" is the first guitar solo. Do you know who Vincent Price is? He's a actor who was famous for his roles in horror movies and his distinctive voice. Well, he's the one who does the intro to that song!

Jordan Yeager said...

Actually, I'm wrong. That's NOT Vincent Price. Apparently they wanted Price to read the intro, but he wanted more money than they would pay. So, they got someone else to read it. Oops!

Adry said...

Oh really! I already knew that Vincent Price does the intro in the song but...I'm wrong! I didn't know that Price refused the role. Hoewer, I agree with you, the intro and the solo are amazing.

Bye!